- 1918 – The Advance East (5)
- Along the Borderline (7)
- Back in Blighty (323)
- Documents (3)
- Hill 60 (3)
- Messines (24)
- Miscellaneous (25)
- North of Ypres (4)
- Ploegsteert (31)
- Potijze (5)
- Sanctuary Wood & Hill 62 (3)
- Spain (1)
- The Menin Road (7)
- Wulvergem (4)
- Ypres (Ieper) (11)
- Zandvoorde (5)
- Zillebeke (13)
- La Plus Douve Farm Cemetery March 4, 2014
- Ration Farm (La Plus Douve) Annexe February 23, 2014
- Night Comes In February 13, 2014
- Flanders Fields, January 2014 January 29, 2014
- So What Are You Up To This Weekend? January 23, 2014
- So How Was Your Christmas? January 1, 2014
- Wulvergem Churchyard December 23, 2013
- The War Graves of Plymouth December 15, 2013
- Plymouth – Ford Park Cemetery Part Three December 11, 2013
- Plymouth – Ford Park Cemetery Part Two December 11, 2013
Category Archives: Messines
On the south side of La Plus Douve Farm the second of the two cemeteries here…
Half a mile east of Wulvergem, just south of the road that leads towards Messines (now Mesen), this farm down in the valley of the River Douve plays host to two CWGC cemteries.
Spot the Cross of Sacrifice. Sunset at Ration Farm (La Plus Douve) Annexe.
Oosttaverne Wood Cemetery, the final stop on our Tour of the Messines Ridge.
Just before we arrive at the final cemetery on our tour, we pass this roadside memorial, known as the ‘Butterfly Memorial’, to the men of the 19th Division.
As evening begins to fall and our tour nears its end, we find ourselves at the little cemetery of Somer Farm, on the north eastern outskirts of Wytschaete.
A winter’s day in Wytschaete. In June 1917 this scene would have been one of utter devastation.