- 1918 – The Advance East (5)
- Along the Borderline (7)
- Back in Blighty (370)
- Documents (5)
- Hill 60 (3)
- Messines (27)
- Miscellaneous (32)
- North of Ypres (4)
- Ploegsteert (32)
- Potijze (5)
- Sanctuary Wood & Hill 62 (3)
- Spain (1)
- The Menin Road (7)
- Wulvergem (7)
- Ypres (Ieper) (12)
- Zandvoorde (5)
- Zillebeke (13)
- Coxyde Military Cemetery, 29th August 2014 August 30, 2014
- One in a Million August 22, 2014
- Holtye War Memorial August 17, 2014
- Henstridge War Memorial August 13, 2014
- St. Austell War Memorial August 5, 2014
- East Stour – Christ Church July 31, 2014
- The Fovant Badges July 28, 2014
- Zennor – St Senara’s Church & War Memorial July 20, 2014
- Ludgvan War Memorial & St. Ludgvan and St. Paul Church Cemetery July 12, 2014
- St. Mawes Church & St. Just-in-Roseland Parish War Memorial Hall July 7, 2014
- G Ratcliffe on Grangegorman Military Cemetery – Part One
- Magicfingers on A Tour of the Messines Ridge Part Fifteen – 19th (Western) Division Memorial
- Lesley Whitehead on A Tour of the Messines Ridge Part Fifteen – 19th (Western) Division Memorial
- Magicfingers on Grangegorman Military Cemetery – Part One
- Magicfingers on A Tour of Ploegsteert Wood Part Two – Mud Corner Cemetery
- Ben Lacey on Grangegorman Military Cemetery – Part One
- ann jones on A Tour of Ploegsteert Wood Part Two – Mud Corner Cemetery
Category Archives: Ploegsteert
St. Quentin Cabaret Military Cemetery.
On the south side of La Plus Douve Farm the second of the two cemeteries here…
Half a mile east of Wulvergem, just south of the road that leads towards Messines (now Mesen), this farm down in the valley of the River Douve plays host to two CWGC cemeteries.
Spot the Cross of Sacrifice. Sunset at Ration Farm (La Plus Douve) Annexe.
Our last stop, Le Touquet Railway Crossing Cemetery, is the furthest east of the six cemeteries on this tour. Here, we are only a few hundred yards away from where the front lines ran for much of the war.
Just a minute’s drive east of Motor Car Corner Cemetery we find Tancrez Farm Cemetery, the fifth stop on our tour.
As is invariably the case, thanks to the CWGC, the route to Motor Car Corner Cemetery is clearly signposted, as are the two other cemeteries we have yet to visit on this tour.